Wally introduces Wallyship
Wally introduces Wallyship, the new line of yachts reflecting the current trend of the market towards displacement power boats. Wallyship includes two models: the 26m wallyship and the 36m wallyship, that is currently being developed.
“Wallyship is a first for us" –says Luca Bassani, Wally President and founder – "We are well-known for our performance yachts. Nevertheless, we have succeeded to developed a product that carries the indisputable Wally signs of improved functions combined with a contemporary and clean style”.
Compared to the other boats in this category, the new Wallyship line is characterised by the following distinctive marks:
• wider and more stable hulls (10 % wider than similar yachts)
• higher free board to improve the seaworthiness in rough weather and increase the interior volumes
• lower center of gravity generated by her sleeker lines
• bigger and more exploitable interior volumes
• larger open-air social areas
• tender garage stowing a very large boat (6 meter – 20 foot long for the 26m wallyship and 8 meter - in the 36m wallyship) and featuring a simplified yet very reliable launching system made of two retractable arms -that when extended, they also serve as tender whisker poles
• tender garage located amidships with direct access to the crew and service area
• aft owner’s suite opening onto the Terrace-on-the-sea with direct access to the water
• separate access to the crew and service quarter
• gyroscopic stabilizers in the 26m walliship model
• heavy duty engines for long range cruises and low consumption
Wallyship’s exterior lines are innovative and aggressive yet coherent with the soul of the product that aims at the lovers of long cruises and life in the bays. The hull lines are classic yet contemporary reflecting the unmistakable Wally style.
The propulsion system is characterised by engines that run at low RPM offering many advantages such as low vibration, low noise, low consumption, little maintenance, and long life. The vibration and sound insulation are kept to the minimum, under 50 dB.
The 26m wallyship features three decks:
1. the top one over the superstrucure that is a large sunbathing and lounge area
2. the main deck with the two social cockpits (one forward and one aft) and the salon and navigation station enclosed in the superstrucure, that is completely surrounded by glass to enhance the Wally inside outside living concept
3. the guest and service deck in the lower level
The 26m wallyship comes with two interior layout options depending on the number of the guest cabins: 3-cabin and 4-cabin. Each cabin can vary in the bed arrangement and in the bed type (twin or double) . The 3-cabin option features a 36 sqm owner’s suite.
Both options include two double crew cabins forward the large galley and crew mess area. The interior styling is simple and fresh; the wood options are teak, cherry and oak.
Wallyship is a semi-custom line built by WallyEurope in Ancona, Italy using the GRP construction technology . The building time of the 26m wallyship is 16 months. The price is 4.5milion € plus optional, which is extremely competitive with the average price of similar products.
The first unit of the 26m wallyship was signed in January, with the delivery scheduled for spring 2011.