On 8-9 March 2010, the Newport Harbor Corporation (NHC)—the creator and producer of the Newport Yachting & Lifestyle Collection—hosted a “Founders Forum” that included a cross section of the superyacht industry’s most highly regarded leaders from brokers and builders to charter firms and marketers.
The purpose of the forum was to create a unique partnership between the event producer (NHC) and the industry. With the new event slated for 2011, NHC—a company widely regarded for its hospitality services, event production and management skills—seeks to capture the needs of the superyacht industry, captains and crew, and, ultimately, the superyacht owner with a collaborative approach to the development of the event.
“As we undertake an entirely new model to showcase megayachts and to capture the essence of the yachting lifestyle, it’s critical to us that we begin by establishing a credible structure that enables open dialogue with the industry our event supports. Establishing this compelling communications arrangement will allow us to pair our capabilities with the industry’s needs and savvy,” says Paul O’Reilly, NHC’s President and CEO.
To this end, at Newport Harbor Corporation’s invitation, a group of superyacht industry leadership enjoyed both a gracious evening of five-star dining and accommodations at NHC’s Castle Hill Inn on Monday 8 March 2010 and a workshop on Tuesday 9 March 2010 that focused on every aspect of the new four-day event’s organization. The group discussed concept, exhibitor and attendee profiles, marketing, sponsorship, logistical considerations and most notably, the very experience to which owners and industry alike will be treated.
Dubbed the Founders Forum, the influential group included:
- Ron Cleveringa—Burger Boat Company
- Andrew Cilla—Luke Brown & Associates
- Jim Eden—International Yacht Collection
- Hank Halsted—Northrop & Johnson
- John Hendricks—Fraser Yachts
- Bruce Leffers—Northrop & Johnson
- Crom Littlejohn—Merle Wood & Associates
- Jennifer M. Saia—The Sacks Group Yachting Professionals
- Bill Sanderson—Camper & Nicholsons
- Paul O’Reilly, Nancy Piffard, Stuart Kiely, Jocelyn Emory, Michele Maker, Chuck Moffitt, and Lisa Knowles—Newport Harbor Corporation
- Amy Halsted—The Halsted Agency
- Roger Marshall—Yacht Designer and Consultant
- Bob Saxon—Bob Saxon Consulting Services
- Unable to attend this particular meeting are Founders:
- Bruce Brakenhoff, Jr.—Perini Navi
- Mike Kelsey—Palmer Johnson
In coming weeks and months, Newport Harbor Corporation will continue to navigate through the elements of creating an entirely revitalized superyacht selling platform, the Newport Yachting & Lifestyle Collection.
Newport Harbor Corporation
+1 401 848 7010