SuperYacht Times is an ambitious media and data company in the luxury yacht business. Based in Amsterdam, we conquer the superyacht world with cool and innovative marketing and intelligence solutions.
Available jobs in Amsterdam
Senior Rails Developer
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails developer that excels in the backend part of the stack. Currently, this is what the stack consists of:
- A monolithic Ruby on Rails application
- Serving multiple websites, applications and API's
- Database: PostgreSQL with PostGIS
- Memcached for view caching
- Redis for session storage
- Sidekiq for background jobs
- Frontend: Stimulus.js and some legacy jQuery
About the job
You will primarily work on the backend part of the application, although some knowledge of frontend techniques could come in handy. This is what you will work on and what you should feel comfortable with:
- Optimising Postgres queries and views, and the code that creates those queries. Knowledge of PostGIS is a big plus.
- Advanced ActiveRecord coding or making an informed decision on alternative/complementary libraries to get the job done.
- Improve the search system and related features, such as the data layer for advanced dashboards and reporting.
- Connecting third-party API's to integrate multiple sources of data.
- Extend our current API and build new API's to provide services to our clients.
- DevOps tasks: setting up and maintaining Linux servers, databases and other infrastructure needed to run the applications.
- Knowledge of some frontend related techniques is also a plus.
You have strong communication skills. You are aware of the different options available to solve problems and can clearly explain those and propose solutions that balance both our short-term goals and long-term targets.
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- Work within an international team in a modern, canalside office in central Amsterdam
- Unlimited paid vacation
- A challenging and rewarding career in one of the world’s most exclusive industries
- Plenty of room for growth within the role