The news of a new 106 metre superyacht contract signed this summer reached us several months ago. Today Nuvolari & Lenard announced on their Facebook page, that they are responsible for the design of the yacht, project Solar.
The designers unveiled to SYT today that the yacht is 106 metres long, 15 metre wide and is in the 3000 GRT range. Her Dyna rig will push her to the speeds over 20 knots. Nuvolari & Lenard are responsible for both the exterior and interior design and decoration, a common practice for them on most of their projects. The naval architecture is by Dykstra Naval Architects.
Superyacht Solar is going to be built at Oceanco, under the supervision of Moran Yacht & Ship, who had also sold the project to the owner and compiled the technical specifications of the super sailing yacht.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA