Superyacht Rising Sun in the Caribbean
Currently spending time off the U.S. Virgin island of Saint Thomas in the Caribbean, is the 138-metre Lürssen-built superyacht Rising Sun. Completed by the German yard in 2004, Rising Sun was initially designed to only measure 120 metres, but was decided to lengthen her during the construction phase by 18 metres. Her instantly recognizable exterior is the work of Bannenberg & Rowell Design, while Seccombe Design created her interior. She boasts an incredible light interior on the two upper decks thanks to her range of full height curved windows running along the entire length of the superstructure. Her expansive exterior deck spaces and functional layout can clearly be viewed in this photo.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA