The unusual-looking superyacht Yas has returned north for the first time since being moved to the Middle East to be completely converted from a world-cruising warship into the modern and luxury superyacht we see today. Yas is currently hauled out at Blohm + Voss where she will undergo a refit and maintenance period at the German shipyard in Hamburg.
The background story ofYasis an interesting one, with the yacht having started life out as a Dutch naval vessel and was then later moved to Abu Dhabi whereshewas transformed by the ADM Shipyard. She features an interior by Pierrejean Studio in France, who also designed her exterior.Yasarrived in the Mediterranean for the first time last year after she was launched in 2011 at the Middle Eastern shipyard.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA