Earlier today off the Caribbean island of Virgin Gorda, the 30-metre Hargrave superyacht Limitless (exda Bubba) caught fire at sea. Although the source of the fire is unknown at this time, it has been confirmed by locals that all guests and crew made it off the yacht unharmed, fortunately.
A post shared by Boat-Enthusiast (@nauticallifestyle) on Mar 6, 2017 at 1:28pm PST
It seems that quick reactions from captain and crew is what saved the day. One crew member in the area reported: "The captain had everyone on their centre console [tender] in just a couple minutes of first smoke"
Do you have more information or material about this unfortunate event? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA