The 42.7-metre superyacht Bandido listed for sale by Ocean Independence has been sold, with Chris Collins representing both the buyer and the seller. Photo: Ocean Independence Built by American yard Westport, located in Westport, Washington, in 1989, Bandido’s hull is made from GRP. With the help of her twin Caterpillar 1500 HP 3408B diesel engines, she can reach a maximum speed of 21 knots and a cruising speed of 16 knots. Since her build, she has seen several refits, with the most recent having occurred in 2016.
A refit in 2008 saw the installation of new electronics, including audio and visual equipment. She comes equipped with a semi-enclosed flybridge which is adorned with a wet bar and a large seating area. In addition, Bandido's boasts a jacuzzi, room for 10 guests across four cabins and a captain's cabin which can be converted into a fifth guest cabin.
The asking price for Bandido was $1,950,000.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA