Ocean Independence has announced the sale of a 36.8-metre Heesen motor yacht which has been renamed Man of Steel. Thom Conboy at Ocean Independence acted as a representative for both the buyer and the seller.
Man of Steel (ex: Totally Nuts ) was built in aluminium by the Dutch yard Heesen, delivered in 2005 and underwent a refit in 2013. She features exterior styling and interior design by the Netherlands-based Omega Architects.
On board, she accommodates up to 10 guests across four cabins comprising a master suite, two double rooms and a children's room. A crew of six is also accommodated for on board.
Powered by twin 3,650hp MTU diesel engines, Man of Steel has a top speed of 31 knots and a cruising speed of 28 knots.
At the time of sale, Man of Steel was listed at an asking price of €10,900,000.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA