Real-time footage of a yacht taking on water off the coast of Ibiza surfaced on social media today. The 37 metre superyacht Fusion was captured around midday local time in a distressing state as she seemed to be collecting water around her stern area. The footage shows the yacht’s crew having deployed a life raft with a large towing vessel making its way to the scene also visible.
Photos via @SourceLuxury
The current state of the scenario is unclear and so too the damage to vessel or persons on board. Contact us at email@example.com should you have any updates to share.
The composite motor yacht Fusion was built by Turkish shipyard Peri Yachts in 2012 and can accommodate 10 guests in 5 staterooms. She is capable of reaching 21 knots and she boasts a large interior volume for her size (280GT).
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA