The 36.58-metre superyacht Ocean Club (ex: Aspen Alternative) has found a new owner. Representing the seller was sales broker Whit Kirtland from Northrop & Johnson.Built by Sovereign Yachts in 2002, Ocean Club was sold in good condition after receiving a refit in 2015. Her two-deck exterior showcases the design work of the Florida-based Setzer Design Group, and an interior design by Patrick Knowles.
With various custom features, the classic interior on board Ocean Club can comfortably accommodate up to nine guests. The five stateroom layout comprises a large master suite, a queen VIP room, two queen-bed staterooms, as well as a further stateroom with a Pullman that can also be used as a gym.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018, Canada-built yachts sold at an average asking price of €3.7m, which is equivalent to €17,677 per GT
- Throughout 2018, yachts built between 2002 and 2006 sold at an average asking price of €5m, equivalent to €22,274 per GT
- In 2018, yachts in the 34-38-metre range sold at an average asking price of €5.3m or €23,087 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2004 in Canada sold at an average asking price of €4.7m or €18,301 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Good Times, a 34-metre Westport yacht built in 2004, had a final asking price of €5m, equivalent to €24,154 per GT
- Albatross, a 34-metre Benetti yacht built in 2004, had a final asking price of €4.3m, equivalent to €17,408 per GT
- One Sovereign yacht was sold last year at an asking price of €1.6m
- Today, there is one Sovereign yacht for sale, at an asking price of €2.3m
- Ocean Club had a final asking price of €4.2m or €19,905 per GT
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!