Sailing yacht Helios in St. Barts
Superyacht Helios is the result of a collaboration between Perini Navi’s naval architects and Ron Holland. She is the second steel-hulled 45 meter yacht to be launched by this Italian shipyard. The Perini Navi-built aluminium mast rises over 50 metres above the waterline, carrying a sail area of almost 1,200m2 which is handled by seven of Perini Navi’s reel captive winches. Perini Navi electric furlers handle the in-boom furling system that stores the 432m2 main sail within the carbon fibre boom. The yacht underwent an extensive refit in the winter of 2014/2015 at the shipyard’s Service & Refit facility in Viareggio.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA