The new 55m Explorer by Van Geest Design is designed for worldwide cruising in all climates and environments. Powered by twin diesel engines she can cruise at a comfort 12 knots with a range of 5000 nautical miles.
The lay-out of this steel hulled yacht offers her owners and 10 guests full privacy and ample entertaining areas. Some noteworthy features include:
- Sundeck: Jacuzzi, sun beds, bar, lounge and dining. Day head and access to the observation tower.
- Owner’s deck: private owner’s areas including stateroom and salon with fireplace. On deck dining, lounge, bar and bbq.
- Bridge deck: wheel house, pilot cabin, gym and sauna, lounge with fireplace. On deck lounge, sun beds and helicopter platform.
- Main deck: large owners or VIP cabin with office. Large galley, hallway and salon. Salon features reading area with fireplace, dining and lounge area. On deck lounge, cranes and storage for sailboat and/or tender. Access to lazarette and sweep decks.
- Lower deck: crew cabins, crew mess, service cabins and access to storage in tank deck. Generous guest cabins with large hallway accessible via elevator and stairway. Engine room with separated control room and maintenance workshop. Tender bays to port and starboard. Access to aft platform for entertaining and access to dive room.
“The idea of the design is based on a mix of workboat – research vessel – super yacht. The first impression is workboat/research vessels however it is styled and detailed to super yacht finesse”, says Pieter van Geest.