MCM reports in their latest newsletter that Feadship has signed a contract to build a 60 metre superyacht designed by Philippe Briand under the Vitruvius brand.
The yacht will be powered by two MTU’s to give her a good cruising speed, with a lightweight aluminium hull and superstructure ensuring that she will also be economical and boast a transatlantic range.
The yacht’s general arrangement has been developed by Claudio Cicconetti of Genoa. The interior design and details will be a balance of contemporary elegance, with a “beach house on the water” atmosphere.
“Fluidity, transparency and modernity” are the words used by Briand to describe this remarkable project.
Feadship was unable to confirm the project to SYT by the time of publishing.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA