Superyacht La Sultana in Cannes
The 65m Georgi Dimitrov-built vessel has a colourful history that dates back to her origins in 1962. She was originally built as a passenger ferry to carry goods and people between the ports of Odessa, Sevastopol, Istanbul and Yalta. In 1970 the vessel posed a valuable asset to the USSR and was sent to serve as part of a 12 vessel fleet, serving in secret spy missions in the Atlantic Ocean region. Following the fall of the Soviet Union, Aji Petri returned to her role as a passenger ferry between Istanbul and Yalta. It was in 2007 that the La Sultana Group purchased her and transformed the vessel into the luxury charter vessel that she is today. La Sultana now accommodates 12 guests across her 7 en suite cabins, and offers guests an array of fun watersport activities. She was spotted this week anchored off Cannes during the 2015 Cannes Yachting Festival.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA