During a private ceremony held this past weekend at Perini Navi’s facility in La Spezia was the unveiling of the largest sailing yacht to have been built in Italy to date, Sybaris.With a length of 70 metres and an 850 Gross Tonne volume,Sybarishas joined an exclusive group as one of the largest sailing yachts in the world.
The ceremony held last Saturday was attended by the owner of the yacht, shipyard management and workers as well as international press. Having been launched the week leading up to the ceremony, Sybaris already had her masts stepped and was glistening in the afternoon Italian sunlight. See here how the yacht was launched and stepped:
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA