Abeking & Rasmussen has launched the new 72.5 metre explorer yacht namedCloudbreak. The Espen Oeino designed yacht is named after one of the top 10 surf locations in the world, located off the Pacific island of Fiji. Her tough and masculine exterior will make her very easy to identify as she cruises the seven seas. The yacht’s next phase will see her undergo sea trials and is expected to be delivered to her owner in May.
The yacht comprises of a hefty total Gross Tonnage of over 2,200 GT. The high volume interior has been created by Paris based interior designer Christian Liaigre finished by furnishings selected by P H. D.
The project was secured by SuperYachts Monaco, whom have also overseen the entire build process on behalf of the owner. Following her delivery later this year, the yacht is expected to be available for charter.
Photo by Christopher Scholey
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA