According to local Norwegian news source, Sysla, a new owner has been found for the semi-completed 81.4-metre Palmer Johnson explorer project, PJ World, which has been resting in the Norwegian fjords for nearly a decade.Photo: Jose A. Martinez Rodeiro
Project PJ-801 as she is technically known, is the design work of Nuvolari Lenard in Italy with Rolls Royce Marine having worked on the project to deliver an innovative drive system when the project was conceived back in 2009. With her polar class hull, PJ World is intended to cruise the globe with complete autonomy, supported by complex self-sustaining systems on board that would make her a true explorer yacht.
Photo by Jose A. Martinez Rodeiro
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA