Launched at German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen last month, the 25 metreSWATH yacht known before only as hull number 6500, has undergone a series of sea trials on the river Weser yesterday.Exploreras she is named, is the secondSWATH yacht to be launched by the yard, following the launch of the 41 metreSilver Cloudin 2008.
SWATH stands for ‘Small Waterplane Area Twin Hull’. The concept is based on two submarine hulls, completely submerged below the water surface, which are connected to the yacht by two narrow struts.Silver Cloudmarked Abeking & Rasmussen’s first use of the SWATH design on a yacht, which until this point had only been used on military and commercial vessels.
More details on the new 25 metre SWATH vessel will be released as and when it becomes available.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA