The latest new build project of Abeking & Rasmussen has completed its first stage where the hull of a 70-metre motor yacht was launched in Poland last week at the Szczecin shipyard. Codenamed Project 6506, the steel hull is now to undertake the journey to Lemwerder, Germany where it will be married with its aluminium superstructure.Photo: Szczecin Shipyard via PortalMorski.pl
Abeking has released no official statement about the project but it is estimated that the vessel could be ready for launch as early as 2020. Photo: Szczecin Shipyard via PortalMorski.pl
The German builder is currently working on two additional new build projects, both larger in size. One of these is an 80-metre motor yacht, Project 6505, that was first revealed in February this year and will be completed next year.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA