The German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen is getting ready to launch the new 72.5 metre explorer yacht named Cloudbreak. The Espen Oeino designed yacht is named after one of the top 10 surf locations in the world, located off the Pacific island of Fiji. Once floated out into the water, the yacht will undergo sea trials and is expected to be delivered to her owner in May.
The yacht comprises of a hefty total Gross Tonnage of over 2,200 GT. The high volume interior has been created by Paris based interior designer Christian Liaigre finished by furninshings selected by P H. D.
The project was secured by SuperYachts Monaco, whom have also overseen the build process on behalf of the owner. Following her delivery later this year, the yacht is expected to be available for charter.
Photo by Christopher Scholey
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA