The new Version 5.0, has been over 2 years in the development and testing process, and it's finally ready for release to the market. The software includes several major changes, including:
• Major improvements to the weather forecast integration
• Updated automatic route planning tool
• Revised 3D presentation to show topographical data
• Detailed background charts showing the national borders and SAR regional boundaries
• Simple export of route waypoint coordinates to GPS or DGPS
• Tide tables and dynamic tidal stream vector presentation
• MS Vista Compatibility
The current version has been tried and tested onboard most types of vessel. These include supertankers, chemical tankers, bulk carriers, high speed and RoRo ferries, tugs, military ships and of course Superyachts.
Norway's Admiral ECS uses C-MAP Pro+ vector chart databases. By accessing the Real Time Update service (RTU), the Pro charts can be updated automatically by the Admiral ECS software. For large areas C-MAP charts cost substantially less than ENCs and unlike chart plotters the charts can be updated remotely. This means that no matter where in the world the vessel is, (providing the ship has contact with the outside World) updates for the chart database can be received and automatically applied by Admiral ECS at no extra cost.