On Tuesday the 15th of June, Alloy Yachts christened the 44.2m sailing yacht Imagine. This is the second Dubois designed Imagine Alloy Yachts has created, having built the first Imagine back in 1993. The team of Dubois Naval Architects and Alloy Yachts, working with the owner has created a high performance, superyacht with the technical sailing attributes of a much smaller racing machine.
The desire to recapture the essence of the original Imagine with low, sleek lines and a large cockpit was kept but enhanced by all the advancements in the technologies Alloy has made since the first Imagine was launched. This new Imagine will be outperforming her peers on the water whilst giving her owner new levels of comfort and entertainment when living onboard.
Imagine was floated to Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour, the following day her Southern Spars carbon fibre mast was stepped. She will begin on-the-water commissioning early next week.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA