Amazon at the Herreshoff Marine Museum, Bristol, Rhode Island
One of the oldest superyachts afloat, the 1885 Amazon pictured at a Herreshoff Marine Museum mooring on 12th October 2009. The 34.75 metre classic yacht was dressed overall for Columbus Day. Amazon was based in Malta previously, but underwent a voyage via Gibraltar, Canary Islands, Cape Verde Islands, Barbados, St Vincent & the Grenadines, St Lucia, Anitgua & Barbuda and Bermuda to New England. Amazon was last seen at the Mystic Seaport Museum where she was lying alongside as a guest.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA