Amels’ largest yacht to date has departed the Netherlands this week as she set off into international waters on her maiden voyage. The 83-metre Here Comes the Sun was first launched in July last year at Amels’ facility in Vlissingen. At 2,827 GT she is not only Amels’ largest project so far, but certainly one of the largest yachts built in Holland.
Here Comes the Sun features a timeless Tim Heywood exterior who implemented a mix of trademark characteristics and fresh styling touches. Winch Design was selected to create the interior spaces onboard.
Photos by Richard Nelissen
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA