Last week, Amels launched the second Amels Limited Editions 199, named Madame Kate. The yacht's hull and superstructure are painted in a special 'pearl effect' paint, never before seen on an Amels yacht.
Madame Kate follows in the footsteps of Event, the first Amels Limited Editions 199. There are however more differences between the two Tim Heywood designed yachts, than the colour alone. The owners of Madame Kate changed the yacht's exterior areas, and also decided to move the galley from the lower deck, to the main deck. As gourmet lovers, the wanted to be closer to the action in the galley.
The owner of the yacht is no stranger when it comes to superyachts, he owned a 43 metre yacht before, and chartered prior to that as well.
Madame Kate will be delivered just over 2 years after signing the contract with Amels.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA