The largest yacht in the world, the 180 metre Azzam, seems to be on her way to the Middle East, for the first time since her delivery to her Middle Eastern owner. She was spotted earlier this week in Port Said, at the entrance of the Suez Canal. This could mean she is on her way to Abu Dhabi, or perhaps to The Maldives or Seychelles.
Azzam was commissioned by Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi. She was delivered after a particularly short build time of just three years and, despite her vast size, Azzam is still capable of reaching speeds of up to 30 knots. Nauta Design are responsible for her exterior design, whilst Christophe Leoni is responsible for her interiors.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA