Following the news of the installation of the Dynamic Stability System foil, Baltic Yachts has shared new renderings of its 43.3-metre custom sloop Canova. Canova is the first superyacht to feature a Dynamic Stability System (DSS) which, at the touch of a button, can deploy a 29ft 6in long athwartships foil to reduce heel, boost speed and reduce pitching motion. With the carbon structure running directly beneath the owner’s berth amidships, designing and fitting the athwartships case through which the foil will move, has been a major engineering challenge. It is predicted that the yacht could reach a maximum speed of 25 knots in flat water in 25 knots of wind. Powered by twin generators and Lithium-ion battery bank, the Baltic 142 can run for long periods of time in ‘quiet’ ship mode.The Baltic 142 superyacht is on schedule for launch in spring 2019.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA