Photo: Charl van Rooy / SuperYacht TimesDelivered to her visionary owner in 2011, the 61.8-metre sailing yacht Hetairos is the largest carbon ketch in the world. Seen here in action during this year’s St Barths Bucket, Hetairos was built by the Finnish shipyard Baltic Yachts to a design and engineering plans by Reichel / Pugh and Dykstra Naval Architects that was inspired by the style of Bristol Pilot Cutter. Hetairos underwent a big refit between 2014 and 2015 at Vitters in the Netherlands where many of her engineering and technical systems were replaced. Her beautiful classical interior is the design work of Rhoades Young. A force to be reckoned with out on the race course, she is designed for comfortable cruising as much as performance sailing with a lifting keel and rudder system as just some of the advanced technical features on board. Hetairos triumphed as the overall winner of this year's St Barths Bucket.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA