Strategically located near the deep water of the North Atlantic Ocean, the refit yard Savannah Yacht Center (SYC) was designed to offer high-class services to some of the world’s most well-known yachts. Now in the midst of a busy refit season, SuperYacht Times investigates how the refit hotspot has earned its reputation as the industry’s first choice on the East Coast for superyachts.Photo: Savannah Yacht CenterThe best equipment
Featuring a 140-metre dry dock, 3,240-ton shiplift, rail transfer system and 365 metres worth of floating docks for in-water service and paint refinishing, SYC prides itself on being able to offer quality services including:
- Dry dock maintenance
- Mechanical engineering
- Engine and generator updates
- Steering gear mechanics
- Drive line and running gear services
- Premium painting services by Pinmar
“When the crew disembark and enjoy the friendly neighbourhood city of Savannah or the on-site bistro-style restaurant, fitness centre, crew lounge and concierge services, the team get to work. Thanks to our state-of-the-art facilities, we can make sure we offer a consistently bespoke service,” explains George Whitehouse, the company’s Business Development Director.Photo: Savannah Yacht CenterRecent clients
The firm has recently serviced prestigious names within the superyacht fleet, such as:
- 72.6-metre Quantum of Solace built by Turquoise Yachts in 2021 and a repeat customer for SYC
- 73.51-metre Mogambo built by Nobiskrug in 2012
- 78.43-metre Abeking & Rasmussen superyacht Amaryllis
- 1997 96.25-metre Lürssen yacht Limitless
- 67.9-metre Aviva built in 2007 by Abeking & Rasmussen and a repeat customer for SYC
- 68.15-metre Sycara V built by Nobiskrug in 2016
- 2011 61-metre Feadship yacht Lady Britt
- 74-metre Amels Limited Edition 242 yacht Sixth Sense
- 67.15-metre Damen Yachting support yacht Garçon and 87-metre mothership Ace
- 54-metre Oceanfast yacht Fortunate Sun
- 55-metre 2012 Amels yacht Step One
- 87.78-metre 2011 Feadship superyacht Fountainhead
Photo: Savannah Yacht CenterA time-honoured ethos and solid reputation
SYC’s founding philosophy has resolutely stayed the same: respect and confidence needs to be earned. The company prides itself on delivering on its promises which has led to great success – success that can be seen in the recent growth of the yard.
"The cornerstone of our success is our founder’s commitment to building a company with a reputation for unquestionable integrity and service,” comments the Center’s Vice President, Jim Berulis.
“While our facilities and operations have become decidedly more modern, our corporate philosophy has remained the same: to be successful, you must always earn the respect and confidence of those with whom you do business. That belief is not only the bedrock of our successful past but also the foundation of our bright future," he concludes.
To find out more about the Savannah Yacht Center, contact the yard directly via the details found below.
Savannah Yacht Center
301 North Lathrop Avenue
George Whitehouse - Business Development Director
E: [email protected]
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!