Northrop & Johnson has announced the sale of the 31.7-metre motor yacht Elizabeth R, with Kristen Klein and Kevin Merrigan acting on behalf of the buyer. Built by the American yard Burger Boat Company in 2000, this all-aluminium classically-styled yacht features an in-house exterior and interior by the shipyard. Thanks to four spacious staterooms, Elizabeth R can house up to eight guests across a master suite, VIP, and two twin-bed staterooms. Each stateroom comes complete with ensuite baths as well as an entertainment centre and a crew of four is also accommodated for on board.
With a beam of 6.7 metres, the motor yacht's layout is designed to facilitate socialising and relaxing, with excellent living spaces for alfresco dining and unwinding. Her main salon flows naturally into the dining area and a country kitchen ideal for entertaining guests.
The interior on board motor yacht Elizabeth R is sophisticated and traditionally styled, with beautiful raised panel, quarter sewn mahogany, gold leaf accents, exotic stonework and designer fabrics.Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht Times Powered by twin Caterpillar 3412E diesel 1400 hp engines, motor yacht Elizabeth R can reach a maximum speed of 21 knots and a cruising speed of 18 knots. Thanks to her 8,500-gallon fuel capacity, this Burger yacht is suitable for long range cruising.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018, USA built yachts sold at an average asking price of €4.9m, equivalent to €23,332 per GT
- Last year, Burger Boat Company built yachts sold at an average asking price of €2.5m or €14,724 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 1998 and 2002 sold at an average asking price of €4.2m, equivalent to €13,748 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 29-33 metre range sold at an average asking price of €3.1m or 19,609 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2000 in the United States measuring around 31 metres sold at an average asking price of €2.2m or €13,461 per GT
- Atlantic, a 1998 32.92-metre Westport had a last asking price of €2.4m, equivalent to €12,435 per GT
- Sarah Beth, a 2001 32.92-metre Burger had a last asking price of€3.4m equivalent to €18,279 per GT
- Three Burger Boat Company yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €2.5m
- Today there are 16 Burger Boat Company yachts for sale at an average asking price of €2.8m
- Elizabeth R had a last asking price of €3m or €16,393 per GT
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Our market report is the most complete in the business and provides in-depth analysis of the fleet by size range, the construction book, the market for new and used yachts for sale and the superyacht builders, as well as a detailed overview of superyacht ownership. It also gives the personal views of Merijn de Waard, company founder and long-term superyacht market analyst, on the state of the market.