Alucia, Originally built as a submarine tender to carry French deep diving submersible on historic missions around the globe, was completely stripped in 2007/2008, re-built, re-wired, re-equipped and re-tasked to deliver a wide array of capabilities.
Some of the unique features of Alucia are:
- Submersibles: 2 Deep Rover submersibles with 2 person capability are carried aboard. Main lifting system is man-rated to 25 tons
- Diving: State-of-the-art equipment for production and storage of oxygen, nitrox and helium and compressed air for a wide variety of diving gas mixtures
- Film making: Has a large temperature controlled video editing suite on the main deck which allows production of professional quality video. Designed specifically for use by National Geographic, Discovery Channel and other groups
- Research: Carries several deep ocean winches for deploying monitoring equipment and sampling. Also features a two-room suite laboratory
- Aquarium Room: Light-tight space which is fully climate controlled - specifically designed for research and documentation purposes
- Cruising: Superyacht quality, 6 luxury cabins with large windows which offer panoramic views, helipad, 32” inflatable tender
- Accommodation: When in guest mode can accommodate 12 guests (2 doubles, 4 twins) and when in commercial mode can accommodate 32 guests (in bunks)
Alucia has a current asking price of US$42,000,000.