Alucia, Originally built as a submarine tender to carry French deep diving submersible on historic missions around the globe, was completely stripped in 2007/2008, re-built, re-wired, re-equipped and re-tasked to deliver a wide array of capabilities.
Some of the unique features of Alucia are:
- Submersibles: 2 Deep Rover submersibles with 2 person capability are carried aboard. Main lifting system is man-rated to 25 tons
- Diving: State-of-the-art equipment for production and storage of oxygen, nitrox and helium and compressed air for a wide variety of diving gas mixtures
- Film making: Has a large temperature controlled video editing suite on the main deck which allows production of professional quality video. Designed specifically for use by National Geographic, Discovery Channel and other groups
- Research: Carries several deep ocean winches for deploying monitoring equipment and sampling. Also features a two-room suite laboratory
- Aquarium Room: Light-tight space which is fully climate controlled - specifically designed for research and documentation purposes
- Cruising: Superyacht quality, 6 luxury cabins with large windows which offer panoramic views, helipad, 32” inflatable tender
- Accommodation: When in guest mode can accommodate 12 guests (2 doubles, 4 twins) and when in commercial mode can accommodate 32 guests (in bunks)
Alucia has a current asking price of US$42,000,000.
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!