The 38.7-metre motor yacht Gladius, listed for sale by Josh Gulbranson and Jan Jaap Minnema from Fraser, has been sold with Luis Garcia from Azimut Portugal introducing the buyer. Built in GRP by the Italian yard Cantieri di Pisa and delivered in 2007, she is part of the yard's Akhir range of superyachts as an Akhir 125. On board, motor yacht Gladius accommodates up to 12 guests across five generous staterooms, comprising a full-beam master suite, two doubles and two twins with Pullman berths, all of which feature ensuite bathrooms. Her light and modern interior is from the drawing boards of Carlo Paladini and she underwent an extensive refit in 2017. A crew of seven is also accommodated for on board.Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht TimesTwin 2,775hp MTU engines give motor yacht Gladius a top speed of 26 knots and she cruises comfortably at 21 knots, with a range of 700 nautical miles at 21 knots. At the time of sale, Gladius was asking €4,550,000.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Italian built yachts sold at an average asking price of €6,9m equivalent to €25,169 per GT.
- Last year, Cantieri di Pisa built yachts sold at an average asking price of €2,8m or €11,176 per GT.
- During 2018, yachts built between 2005 and 2009 sold at an average asking price of €6,8m equivalent to €23,703 per GT.
- In 2018, yachts in the 37-41-metre range sold at an average asking price of €6,9m or €24,353 per GT.
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2007 in Italy measuring around 39m sold at an average asking price of €5,9m or €21,853 per GT.
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Kabir, a 2007 Overmarine 39m had a last asking price of €6,1 equivalent to €20,247 per GT.
- Apola, a 2007 Rodriguez 37.6m, had a last asking price of €3,9 equivalent to €13,402 per GT.
- Two Cantieri di Pisa yachts were sold last year.
- Today there are 12 Cantieri di Pisa yachts for sale at an average asking price of €3,3m.
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!