Italian shipyard CdM sold with Vasco Buonpensiere appointed CEO

Cantiere delle Marche has officially been sold. The acquisition of 100 percent of the capital of the company has been completed through a management buyout supported at 75 percent by the Austrian FIL Bros Family Office. The remaining 25 percent will be held by the company’s co-founders Ennio Cecchini and Vasco Buonpensiere.Cantiere delle Marche shipyardVasco Buonpensiere will assume the role of Chief Executive Officer, and has announced that the company will be managed with a long-term vision that develops it through ‘grounded’ and ‘pragmatic’ actions; all while keeping the core values that has driven CdM to become such an internationally renowned player. “Quality, exclusivity, great attention to each client in his/her own specificity,” will remain at the forefront of its vision.Vasco Buonpensiere of Cantiere delle Marche “What we have in mind are ambitious and visionary goals yet we know that we will get them as is in the spirit and history of CdM,” Vasco Buonpensiere commented. “Considering that our production is totally sold up to 2026 and that the Value of Production will double within 3 years compared to 2021, we will further focus on our brand positioning, which already has international recognition. CdM is maybe the only Italian brand which plays on equal terms with the best Northern European shipyards, as witnessed by many owners who chose CcM after owning yachts built by Dutch and German shipyards.”Ennio Cecchini Cantiere delle Marche Co-FounderCantiere delle Marche was founded 12 years ago and, as of today, CdM’s order book includes as many as 13 explorer yachts (with deliveries up to 2026) for a total length of 504 metres and GT of approximately 5,000 GT. Its inception followed two years after the global economic crisis in 2008, and Buonpensiere has been instrumental to the shipyard’s success from the get-go. Buonpensiere assumed the role of Sales & Marketing Director, and together with Ennio Cecchini worked to steer all strategic decisions of the company. Uptight yacht anchored Tom Schröder, owner of FIL Bros Family Office, the new major shareholder of CdM, has made the following statement: “I have an immense passion for yachting and I found out that CdM’s management and staff share this passion of mine, combined with the commitment to build something special, something that has no equal in the yachting industry. Tom Schroeder owner of FIL Bros Family Office“Together with Vasco and Ennio, since both of them play a key role in the shareholding structure, and all employees that will be further involved and motivated in the company growth, we will consolidate CdM position in the international arena as one of the best yacht builders in the world – consistently with what has been done in the last 12 years. Our goal is to deliver three or four explorer yachts per year to owners who wish to sail the seven seas and reach in safety and utmost comfort, even at the highest latitudes. These yachts will distinguish themselves for their extraordinary quality.Acala yacht launch in Ancona The acquisition is aimed at strengthening and further developing CdM’s activity together with co-founders Ennio Cecchini and Vasco Buonpensiere, true builders of the extraordinary success of CdM, still at the helm of a company that with a farsighted approach specialised itself in the construction of explorer yachts of unsurpassed quality and design, real little ships in steel and aluminium.”

© SuperYacht Times B.V. // All rights reserved.