The 48.77-metre motor yacht Three Forks has been sold, with IYC's Mark Elliott representing the buyer and Josh Gulbranson from Fraser representing the seller in the deal. Built by American yard Christensen in 2009 as one of the yard's 160 models, Three Forks features an in-house exterior design and an interior by Carol Williamson & Associates. Photo: IYCThree Forks underwent an extensive refit in 2018 and comes complete with elevator access to all decks, as well as helicopter capability, and she is also handicap-accessible. Her interior is luxurious and features mahogany finishes, with generous spaces throughout the vessel ideal designed for socialising.
Able to house up to 12 guests on board across six staterooms, motor yacht Three Forks also carries 10 crew across five staterooms. The full beam master cabin is located on the main deck and includes a private study and his and hers bathrooms with a solid marble Jacuzzi bathtub in the ‘hers’ bathroom. A full-width VIP cabin and four additional staterooms, all ensuite, are located on the lower deck.Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht TimesPowered by twin MTU 12V4000 2041 HP engines, Three Forks cruises comfortably at 14 knots, reaching maximum speeds of 17 knots. Thanks to her generous storage capabilities, she can carry a large inventory of tenders, water toys and equipment.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 the USA built yachts sold at an average asking price of €4,9m equivalent to €23,332 per GT
- Last year, Christensen Shipyards built yachts sold at an average asking price of €12.6m or €26,471 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 2007 and 2011 sold at an average asking price of €8,3m equivalent to €24,719 per GT
- In 2018, yachts in the 46-50-metre range sold at an average asking price of €13.1m or €25,746 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 2009 in the United States sold at an average asking price of €17.3m or €36,991 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Sheherazade, a 2009 49.93 metre Westport yacht had a last asking price of €25,2m, equivalent to €50,2000 per GT
- Impromptu, a 2010 50-metre Trinity yacht had a last asking price of €17.6m, equivalent to €35,918 per GT
- Three Christensen yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €18.7m
- Today there are 14 Christensen yachts for sale at an average asking price of €11.1
- Three Forks had a last asking price of €19.9m or €40,5 per GT
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA