Dutch shipbuilding giant Damen has announced that one of the company's Yacht Support vessels, the YS 4508, is now under construction. Photo: DamenThe Yacht Support series by Damen has been designed in reaction to the rise in demand for ‘flexible yachting’. With a support style vessel, a superyacht owner may elect to prolong the capabilities of their existing fleet, or may utilise the yacht’s ‘standalone mode’. In standalone mode, the Yacht Support vessels are capable of bringing owners and guests on self-contained expeditions. Standard with helicopter capabilities and dive operations, the support vessel is able to be customised to the individual needs of owners. Photo: DamenAt the Monaco Yacht Show 2018, Damen introduced the new YS 4508 design, which measures 45.6-metres in length overall and is set for a 2019 delivery.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA