The Italian yard Baglietto posted photos of Project 231, a 54-metre custom designed superyacht under construction, on the company’s Instagram. In the post, the yacht can be seen hanging from a yacht-lift at the La Spezia facility.
Sporting a plumb bow and a new naval platform, the superyacht stands apart from other vessels in the Baglietto fleet. Ordered mid-2017 and constructed entirely from aluminium, the vessel is being built to the highest class of Lloyd’s Register and will be capable of a transatlantic range of 4500 nm at 12 knots.SuperYacht Times reached out to Baglietto, who will share more details with us concerning this project in the near future. Project 231 is expected for delivery in 2020.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA