Launched in July this year, Damen’s latest 55.3-metre yacht support vessel New Frontiers has recently been spotted undergoing sea trials in the Netherlands ahead of the vessel’s unveiling at the Monaco Yacht Show next month.
New Frontiers is able to accommodate up to six guests across three suites including a main deck owner's suite. With a large lounge and dining area as well as a spacious 50 sqm sundeck, this support vessel is able to offer luxurious living for expeditions away from the mothership.
Secured on her large aft deck is the new SYS 3 manned submersible from U-Boat Worx along with one of Damen’s own Interceptor 1102 high-speed multi-functional craft.
Performance wise, New Frontiers has a top speed of 20 knots with a range of 5,000 nm.
Photos by SYT reader
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA