Under a veil of secrecy American shipyard Delta Marine launched their latest superyacht, the 72 metre Albatross, in September last year. Now, over six months later, the shipyard managed to send the vessel off on her maiden voyage once again nearly unnoticed. Not for the SYT news team however, who have been tracking the yacht since she first hit the water last year. We can now share with you the first images of Albatross as she departed Seattle last month. Since her departure from the state of Washington she sailed south down the west coast of America to reach La Paz, Mexico where she is currently moored.
Little is known about this secretive project, but she is suspected to have been designed by the renowned Espen Oeino.
Photos by Sky-Pix
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA