Florida-based shipyard Derecktor has recently completed an intensive refit on the 50 metre Oceanco Lazy Z. Various cosmetic, structural and advanced engineering modifications were made to the yacht, which was returned to service in June this year.
Work included the opening of the hull to remove her main engines which were replaced with two new MTU 16V 2000 models. Other engineering upgrades include the renewal of her onboard sewage treatment plants, in addition to other system upgrades and maintenance. The yacht also saw a complete respray of her exterior by Chi Yacht Refinishing.
Upon completion of the yard period the yacht sprinted across the Atlantic to join the busy summer charter season. “I am very happy with the project that we completed at Derecktor’s,” comments Captain Tane Rewi.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA