Photo: Tom van OossanenPictured here in Dubai is the third largest superyacht in the world, the 162-metre superyacht Dubai. Built by Platinum Yachts and completed in 2006, a large part of her hull and superstructure was completed in Germany at Blohm + Voss in co-operation with Lürssen. After the unfinished yacht was sold to the ruler of Dubai - who is still her current owner - she was transported from Germany to the Platinum Yachts’ facilities in Dubai for completion. She was designed by Andrew Winch Designs, with Nakheel Interiors collaborating on her interior.
The SuperYacht iQ 2018 Market Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA