Launched last December in Western Australia by Echo Yachts, the 46-metre shadow vessel Charley has now been delivered to her owners. Designed by the New Zealand company LOMOcean, the multihull vessel is intended to be used as a support vessel for the 84-metre trimaran, White Rabbit Golf, currently under construction at the yard.
The team at Echo Yachts state that Charley took two and a half years from inception to handover and comes equipped with a large touch-and-go helicopter pad, dive store, decompression chamber and specialist sonar equipment for wreck diving adventures. Amongst her impressive array of tenders and water toys is a 12-metre custom carbon fibre catamaran.
White Rabbit Golf designed by Sam Sorgiovanni is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2018 and, upon completion, will be the largest superyacht ever to be built in Australia.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA