Just moments ago Feadship's 70 metre superyacht Joy appeared from her build shed for the first time as she was launched by the Dutch shipyard on Kaag Island today. The low volume yacht designed by Bannenberg & Rowell features a fresh take on the balanced use of exterior and interior spaces driven by the clients’ views as first time owners. The unique design of the exterior of the vessel brought with a series of challenges for the Dutch yard, but was expertly executed by their custom yacht building team. Here are some of the first images taken by SYT as the first on the scene.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA