It’s a busy day at Feadship’s facility in Kaag, the Netherlands as the yacht builder is launching its latest superyacht project, named Sherpa. Measuring 73.6 metres, hull 815 arrived at the shipyard exactly 12 months ago. Unlike anything we have seen to come from the Feadship sheds, Sherpa is custom built with a very specific purpose in mind and will seemingly live a slightly more utilitarian lifestyle than a regular superyacht. Stay tuned as we bring you all the latest from this exciting launch throughout the day.Photo: Tom van Oossanen / SuperYacht TimesPhoto: Tom van Oossanen / SuperYacht TimesPhoto: Tom van Oossanen / SuperYacht TimesPhoto: Tom van Oossanen / SuperYacht Times
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA