Photos by Fraser Gow
The Omani royal yacht Fulk Al Salamah was recently delivered by Italian shipyard Mariotti as the yacht departed Genoa earlier today with Muscat as her destination. The vessel will join the 155 metre Lürssen superyacht Al Said in the Omani capital as part of the royal fleet which is based in the region. First unveiled in 2014 as project Saffron, reports estimate the yacht’s length at 159 metres.
The yacht is believed to replace a 136 metre support vessel by the same name. Thenew Fulk Al Salamahshares a number of similar exterior design cues with the 155mAl Saidsuch as her commercial grade finish, aft-swept masts, and large awnings on the two forward upper decks.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA