Photos by Andreas Schuster / Flycam Kiel
During a recent sea trial over the past weekend, the 142.8-metre Sailing Yacht A conducted her first test at sea with one of her sails, delivered by Doyle Sailmakers, hoisted. The sail-assisted motor yacht is currently in her final stages of testing and outfitting ahead of her expected delivery early next year. Designed by Philippe Starck, Sailing Yacht A was commissioned by Russian yachtsman and owner of the 119-metre M/Y A, Andrey Melnichenko. Learn more about this game-changing superyacht’s technical aspects here.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA