Early this morning the 116-metre explorer Ulysses was spotted on sea trials in Germany. Previously known as U116, she left the Norwegian shipyard Kleven where she was completed on a technical level in March, heading out on her maiden voyage to Bremerhaven.
Photo: Christian EckardtPhoto: Christian EckardtPhoto: Christian EckardtPhoto: Christian EckardtPhoto: Christian EckardtBuilt on a type MT 5006 MKII offshore platform designed by Marin Teknikk, Ulysses’ exterior was further developed by New Zealand design office Oscar Mike Naval Architects. RWD undertook her interior design. Manta Maritime is once again overseeing all technical aspects of the project as was the case with her 107-metre sistership U107, now named Andromeda.
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA