Today, after a period of about nine and half months, Feadship - De Vries Makkum launched the refitted Pegasus. Built in 1995 by Feadship De Vries in Aalsmeer asWhite Rabbit (YNo 649) the new owner brought her back to the De Vries yard for a serious refit. The European owner acquired the vessel early 2008 with help of the technical expertise of the Feadship Refit Team.
With their knowledge on the original design they also were able to quickly assess the feasibility of an extension of all decks as the new owner wished to increase the possibilities for exterior lounging and entertainment.
Directly after the purchase a new GA was developed by Feadship De Voogt Yacht Services. In a series of meetings with the owner this GA was fine tuned and in August 2008 a Refit Agreement with Feadship De Vries Makkum was signed which included the following main objectives:
• The folding swim platform in the transom to be made larger in combination with a reconfiguration of the transom lines and an improved lazarette with tender stowage provisions and a more beach clubby feeling with teak details.
• On the lengthened main deck aft a new seating to be made with privacy and windbreaker screens on the side and aft.
• The bridge deck aft to be made better suitable for entertainment. Having a bit more space, a large seating with tables should be created across the deck, integrated with the aft bulwark.
• Create more space on the sun deck to stow the main tender and create a pool with sunbeds.
• As a result of stowing the main tender on the sundeck the crew tender and two jet ski’s should be stowed on the fore deck. Therefore also a suitable boat handling crane needs to be installed on the fore deck.
During the refit on the exterior also the interior was seriously refurbished to better match the owners personal taste. With help of a number of specialized subcontractors new teak parquetry was applied in all main deck and bridge deck owner and guest areas and new ceiling and wall panels were put up. Together with the new loose furniture, lighting and decorations this has given the yacht a more modern look showing the owners interest in the various cultures of the world.
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2020
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!