Denison Yacht Sales have announced the sale of the classic Bannenberg-designed superyacht Lionwind, built by Feadship. Glynn Smith of Denison Yacht Sales represented the seller, with Vesa Kaukonen of KK Superyachts having brought the buyer. Lionwind’s last reported asking price was set at €3,950,000.
Launched in 1983 as Azteca, Lionwind is one of two identical yachts with sister ship Paraiso still retaining her original name today. Smith reports that the yacht will now head to northern Europe for a major refit and restoration project. “Lionwind is an iconic vintage Feadship and deserves a new home where she can be refitted and then serve another 33 years on our oceans,” he says. “We really look forward to following the next chapters in this yacht's colorful life.”
Get a look inside Lionwind where she is currently located in Turkey here:
The SuperYacht Times iQ 2018 Report
Did you know that in 2017....
- 180 new yachts over 30 metres were sold
- 149 new yachts over 30 metres were completed
- 443 yachts over 30 metres were under construction
- 30% of the yachts under construction were available for sale
- 20% of the yachts were owned by clients from the USA