The 47.5-metre classic Feadship yacht Strangelove, listed for sale by Burgess, has been sold with the buyer introduced by Maarten Ten Holter at Fraser. Delivered in the Netherlands in 1982 under the name of Paminusch, she has been extensively maintained, including an interior redesign and refit by Mlinaric, Henry and Zervudachi of London in 2005.Photo: Giovanni RomeroArthur De Fever created the exterior of motor yacht Strangelove, which boasts traditional lines and the capacity to accommodate up to 12 guests across a master, two double and three twin staterooms. Photo: Giovanni RomeroUnder the power of twin CAT 850hp engines, motor yacht Strangelove can reach a top speed of 14.5 knots, or cruise 13.5 knots with a range of over 3,000nm. Photo: Merijn de Waard / SuperYacht Times
At the time of sale, the 47-metre yacht Strangelove had an asking price of $6,900,000 after having been reduced in August 2018.
Market statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- In 2018 Netherlands built yachts sold at an average asking price of €19.9m equivalent to €31,450 per GT
- Last year, Feadship build yachts sold at an average asking price of €21.2m or €34,773 per GT
- During 2018, yachts built between 1980 and 1985 sold at an average asking price of €1.9m equivalent to €9,265 per GT
- In 2018 yachts in the 45-50-metre range sold at an average asking price of €12,6m or €25.719 per GT
Specific statistics courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Yachts built circa 1982 in the Netherlands sold at an average asking price of €3.1m or €5,727 per GT
Comparable sales courtesy of SuperYacht Times iQ
- Deep Blue II, a 43.7m Oceanco 1996, had a last asking price of €6.9m, equivalent to €15,795 per GT
- At Last, a 44m Heesen yacht built in1990, had a last asking price of €5.6m equivalent to €15,291 per GT
- Nine Feadship yachts were sold last year for an average asking price of €19m
- Today there are 36 Feadship yachts for sale.
SuperYacht Times - The State of Yachting 2019
Being the intelligence partner for the top shipyards and yacht brokers in the world, we have learned to analyse and track the market in great detail. Each year our leading market report is used by investors, CEOs, owners and other key decision makers to inform themselves on the state of the market and future developments. Find all the information you need on the market, fleet, construction book, ownership nationalities and much more in our report.
#weknow - do you want to know? Buy the report now for only €299!